French Polynesia (South Pacific)
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Dear friends and partners,
HOSTING A TEAM OF HIGH SCHOOLERS FROM RAPA NUI
We are very excited for the connections we have established with Rapa Nui (Easter Island) since it resulted in us hosting a team of students from 12th grade in Rapa Nui coming to Tahiti for a week-long field trip during the first half of November 2015. We never had done that in the past but because we were asked by pastor Alejandro Torres to help coordinate this trip for them, we just felt we should get involved for the sake of the tremendous opportunity to be a blessing to some youth from Rapa Nui.
Basically, Aline and I coordinated the whole stay of the young lads (and their supervisors). Their stay was a real success since they thoroughly enjoyed their time in Tahiti and Moorea.
GOING ON A TRIP TO FRANCE FOR MY DAD
My dad had a stroke in October 2015 and was in the hospital for a month and half. He had called me just a week or so prior to his stroke begging me to go to visit him before the end of the year. I promised to him that the next time I would call I would let him know the dates of my trip over to France. This crisis situation over his life precipitated my decision to go stay with him for awhile and was confirmed by a vivid dream my daughter Erika had just days prior to his stroke where she was urging me to go visit my dad in December. The Lord made it really clear to me that I had to go.
It was a moving time to see my dad again after this disabling event. He recovered the partial use of his right leg, arm and hand and my time with him was very beneficial to his morale. My daily task was to make sure he would take his treatments and medications, I was to prepare his breakfast and lunch, and I would also take him out for rides (whenever the days were sunny and warm). My burden all along was to make sure he was reminded of the love of God and that he would eventually open his heart to the Lord. In spite of the almost daily sharing of Scriptures and praying with and for him, he hasn’t yet fully grasped what Jesus did for him. I pray that a visitation of the Holy Spirit would bring the revelation he needs in order to acknowledge his need for the Savior.
I have been back from France since Dec. 16th and was there for almost three weeks. I am indeed very thankful that this time gave me the opportunity to sow seeds of love. I have been impressed by the progress of my dad in his physical mobility and also his speech. However, I would be very thankful for your prayers on his behalf. He needs an encounter with Jesus that would prepare him for his eternal destiny.
MANY HAPPENINGS IN 2016
This is just but a very sketchy outline of our happenings in 2016.
– A large YWAM group from Quebec is coming to Tahiti on January 1st, 2016 and will be hosted to our ministry house in Moorea for about 5 weeks. They will be doing outreach and minister to believers in the island.
– A minister from France, Pierre-Daniel Martin, comes for the 4th year in a row to Tahiti and will be sharing in a few islands (Rangiroa, Raiatea, Moorea and Tahiti) in January as well. Our local ministry (Vision of the Harvest) will be coordinating his time in French Polynesia. A team from New Caledonia will be coming for the occasion to support, minister and pray alongside Pierre-Daniel Martin.
– A couple from Canada, Gary & Maureen, will be hosted too in Moorea (at the ministry house of Vision of the Harvest) for a whole month in February 2016. They have on their heart to come for a season of focused intercession and ministry on the island.
– Another YWAM team from Switzerland headed by Guy Zeller is also coming to Tahiti in February 2016 and will focus their ministry on families and children. They will also offer training seminars and are planning outreaches in targeted areas of the island.
– We continue to pray for our forthcoming trip to Aotearoa (New Zealand) and we are still making contacts with the expectation of making connections that will be critical to the success of our trip there. We will also need a great network of intercessors and we would be happy to count you in.
MORE ON THE HISTORY OF AOTEAROA (click below or copy & paste)
IF YOU WANT TO PRAY, GO,
OR SUPPORT OUR TRIP TO AOTEAROA (NZ) …
We invite you to partake to our facebook secret group called “MISSION AOTEAROA (NZ)”(https://www.facebook.com/groups/missionaotearoa/) and you will see there increasing and ongoing information regarding our trip plans whenever they get clarified, prayer burdens, historical and cultural insights we might glean here and there, maps, visions / dreams / prophetic words, practical tips and piece of advice we might need, etc. Let me know if you would like to be added to this group.
We will need a lot of intercession before, during and after our trip. This was a most significant part of the success of our outreach in Rapa Nui with intercessors from France, China, Latin America, USA, Canada, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Hawaii … The timing of our trip to Aotearoa will be VERY strategic and we are waiting on the Lord for that still … some indication may have us go at the very end of a warm season and the very beginning of cold weather … We still need much more insight of course.
- For my dad’s health and a visitation of God’s love for his life
- For an increased proclamation of the Gospel of the Kingdom in French Polynesia and the Polynesian Triangle (Rapa Nui, Hawaii, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Western Samoa, American Samoa, Tonga)
- For our spiritual, emotional, mental, physical and emotional health and vitality
- For wisdom, discernment and revelation as to our God-given vision for the Polynesian Triangle
- For increased intercession toward the will of God in our region and wise action
- For financial provision that would release us into God’s mission
- Here are some of the prayer needs for our “Mission AOTEAROA” (NZ)
– Those God is calling to go (and have received the confirmation)
– Those God calls to pray (before, during, after the trip)
– The strategic connections in NZ (apostolic ministries)
– The itinerary and the logistics (transportation, stay)
– The timing of God for this trip (dates)
I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16)
Thank you for your interest and support !!! Let us know how we can pray for you.
We now have morning prayer meetings every Monday / Wednesday / Friday
from 6:30 to 8:30 AM in our downtown office since April 2015.
Send your requests to email@example.com !!
(make sure you designate them to us while the checks are to be written out to MS/CMM Missions):
Facebook (Vision of the Harvest – Tahiti): https://www.facebook.com/groups/visionMOISSONharvest/
To ensure that you receive our e-mailings, please modify your Junk or Spam filter settings to allow incoming “@mail.pf” email addresses. You may also want to add the sender “Vision of the Harvest – Tahiti” to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our mailings from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.